Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Back to Normal?


I'm at the Internet Coffee shop in Gulfport and sitting across from me is a guy studying, a bride-to-be talking with a potential weding photographer, and three older men shooting the breeze - talking about the amount of dammage done to each of their houses. Life is beginning to return to normal but normal has been redifined. There is no more "normal". Normal has changed and most likely, normal on the Gulf coast will never be normal again.

I took the pictures of the boats as I was driving to the coffee shop...As I looked up the waterway, I saw probably another 30 boats up on the shore or capsized.

Meanwhile at Camp Orange Grove, we are between groups. Apparently today is the first day since the camp started that no volunteer groups have been there. It gives me a chance to get oriented and the two men I'm working with, Mark and Dan "The Grump", an opportunity to catch their breath. Mark counted up that there have been over 2000 volunteer days of work already done in this area through PDA. Much of the work done could be contracted out for $10 an hour per person. That's the going rate down here. That adds up to about $160,000 worth of work being done by folks who want to lend a hand and love their neighbor. I hope God is pleased...Good things are going on both physically and in our hearts.

Ta Ta For Now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nora Ward said...

Glad to hear everything is gonig well for you...miss you already!
Say Hi to Mark for me...Nora

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home